About Project Ministry and Me!
Are you a church secretary, ministry assistant or volunteer, perhaps a pastor without an office staff or a non-profit director on a shoe-string budget? Do you plan events for a church or ministry or organize volunteers? Got an idea for what you want to do but don’t know how to create the flyers, organizational helps and designs, social media? Is your website so out of date you don’t even know where to start?
As a web developer, graphic design and ministry assistant with over 20 years ministry experience, I want to help you get started! I have expertise in web and social media design, how to design for events and handle media promotion. I love what I do and I want to help you love it too! God has given you the heart for ministry, let me help you get a handle on it!
Introducing Tami Cernetic
I began my love for ministry as the child of full time missionaries. Seeing my parents passion for serving others really was a testimony to me. As an adult I kind of fell into a job as a church secretary after I married my sweetheart (a local cop with a heart for his community). I loved what I did. Being a church secretary is often a thankless job, but the staff around me and our congregation really helped me grow both personally, spiritually and professionally. I quit working after 5 years when we had our son, taking a 4 year haitus from the job, but continuing to help in various ways by volunteering for ministries and helping my father-in-law’s business by providing advertising, social media, and design work for him. I found that I loved doing that and I always was looking for ways to improve my skills.
When my son was four and we had started attending a new church, an opportunity came open for the church secretary position there. I spent the next 5 1/2 years in that office learning more skills and having even greater freedom to express my love for design, computer organization, web and social media advertising as well as having amazing opportunities to share Christ’s love with not only our church family, but the many community members who popped in and out. I found myself also helping many of our members with their computer issues, creating various designs for their ministries and helping them organize their volunteers in better and more manageable ways.
Following God’s calling on my husband’s and my life, I am now back home again to care for our son but also to be a greater help to my husband’s now full time (Living Well Clinic) ministry to our community. I do social media, advertising design, as well as other general secretarial helps to his ministry and continue to serve our church in whatever ways I can. BUT I have found that I have a natural talent and love for the background part of ministry and want to be able to share this with you. So many times during my time in the church office I was adrift to find help for designs, organizational helps, database and other basic operations. Surely someone has done this before! So, now I want to be able to share what I have learned with those who are struggling as I once did.
[UPDATE: I am now working part time as an administrative assistant for our local homeless shelter, plus have taken on web and social media design and management for several local non-profits!! It has been so much fun to be able to be in the trenches with these ministries helping hem promote fundraisers, telling their story, sharing their heart with the world! My blog is a little behind, but I have added to my portfolio!]
Fun Facts About Tami
A little bit about me to help you understand who I am and why I do what I do:
- I am an MK (missionary kid) and grew up in a third world country called Bangladesh.
- I live in a small community in the heartland of America and love serving the people around me
- I love to write. I write a lot of music, although mostly silly stuff nowadays to make my son laugh. I also just like to write in general. My favorite classes in school were always the literature and history classes because I was able to express and learn through research and writing.
- I love being on the computer and fiddling around with figuring stuff out – I am my family and friends IT go to.
- I love to eat fish and other smelly foods from the country of my childhood – so I also own scented candles to help reduce the smell when I cook!
- I home school my son and both enjoy and despise it all at once. HOWEVER, I love that I get to spend my days with him and his goofiness makes me laugh all the time.
- I love the JOY of serving my God and Saviour and pray that my testimony is a continual witness for him both in my personal life and in my work.